Friday 19 October 2007

In search of a Hero

I love Heroes! I don't just mean the TV show, although that is pretty cool and I am kind of hooked! It is described as 'an epic drama that chronicles the lives of ordinary people who discover they possess extraordinary abilities.' I particularly enjoy seeing how they either embrace or struggle to acknowledge those abilities once they recognise them.

No, I don't mean those Heroes, I am referring to the real ones. The ones you see everyday. The ones who are faced with the daily opportunities to step out of their usual, 'normal' existence to help someone else, to inspire others to greater works. To be friends in deed. The ones who choose to use their lives to make a difference to their children, family, co workers, neighbors; to strangers.
I mean you and I. The everyday people who would make the extraordinary choice of heroic acts, everyday.

No comments: